Why Consider the Options to Staff Your Firm?
- It may be risky to hire because of ebbs and flows in work
- Expensive to hire and/or fire
- Potential for malpractice if too overwhelmed
- Lightens your load so you can focus on business development
- Practice backup for vacations, leave, etc.
- Your inability to be two places at once (i.e., hearing coverage, etc.)
- Ability to create another profit center
- Helps reduce costs for client
Who Can You Find To Staff Your Firm?
- Experienced attorneys choosing to work on a project basis for other lawyers
- Attorneys to perform substantive legal work
- Solo practitioners who want to fill in the lulls, parents who want to keep practicing law flexibly, semi-retired attorneys, or military spouses.
Other Things to Consider
- Getting client consent
- What are the insurance implications?
- How do you handle conflicts?
- Will you need to supervise your new hire?
- Is fee splitting a concern?
Agile staffing can be a huge advantage for your firm, especially if you do it right! Nicole Bradick presents an informative webinar, which will touch on all of these issues and more. Register here!
Share your thoughts