Why Consider the Options to Staff Your Firm?
- It may be risky to hire because of ebbs and flows in work
- Expensive to hire and/or fire
- Potential for malpractice if too overwhelmed
- Lightens your load so you can focus on business development
- Practice backup for vacations, leave, etc.
- Your inability to be two places at once (i.e., hearing coverage, etc.)
- Ability to create another profit center
- Helps reduce costs for client
Who Can You Find To Staff Your Firm?
- Experienced attorneys choosing to work on a project basis for other lawyers
- Attorneys to perform substantive legal work
- Solo practitioners who want to fill in the lulls, parents who want to keep practicing law flexibly, semi-retired attorneys, or military spouses.
Other Things to Consider
- Getting client consent
- What are the insurance implications?
- How do you handle conflicts?
- Will you need to supervise your new hire?
- Is fee splitting a concern?
Agile staffing can be a huge advantage for your firm, especially if you do it right! Nicole Bradick presents an informative webinar, which will touch on all of these issues and more. Register here!